Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Elders of the Horde and Alliance

Today I stayed home instead of going to work again thanks to mother nature (ice, ice, go away, I need to work instead of play), but I managed to ding 78 and complete several more achievements, mostly for the Lunar Festival. I decided shortly after getting to level 78 that I'd run back to the old world and attempt to find a few more Elders, especially since I already needed to run back for training. I started by going to Thunder Bluff through the Dalaran portal, since I never go there normally, then to Orgrimmar to finish up Elders of the Horde. I decided to take care of the Elders of the Alliance as well, since it would be faster than the other Elder achievements.

I started by teleporting to Moonglade to purchase the ever so pretty green dress you see in the photo for the Lunar Festival Finery achievement... and just because I like fun, RP clothing. I also used the other 5 coins I had to get a few engineering recipes for rockets. Unfortunately you can't use your invitation to get to the cities of the opposite faction (yeah, I tried), so I ran out through the Timbermaw hold all the way to Auberdine in Darkshore, picking up any Elders I saw on the way. Even wearing the dress and only items that had no durability on them to lose should I die, the Auberdine Sentinels were no issue. I ignored them and jumped on the boat to Stormwind...

Stormwind was a fast run from the dock to the Park for the Elder there. I managed to get through the whole ordeal without dieing until I ran for the Tram. I managed to run into some level 80 guard of some sort and he one-shot me since I had no life left from the other guards smacking me. After a long run from the Logging Camp back to the city, I made it on the tram unscathed. I even ran across some other Hordies on their way to Ironforge.

Ironforge was a fast run from the Tram, through the Hall of Explorers, to the Elder in the Mystic area, then back to the Tram. I managed all that without dieing (ha! Those little dwarves had no chance keeping up with me on my Raptor). Back to the Tram, through the human city to the dock, back to Auberdine... and then wait for the darn boat to Teldrassil... which I fell off of as we neared the dock. Fatigue set in, but I managed to swim out of it fast enough to climb up onto shore at the base of the huge tree. Mount up and run, straight to the cenarion circle's area of the city to the Elder stationed there... and DING I have the achievement. Naturally I get killed just then by two level 80 members of the Cenarion Circle and find my spirit at Dolanaar. I run back to the city only to get killed again, so I took the rez sickness to grab the Elder in the little town and mount up to explore the area for the achievement.

I'm still working on getting to level 80, but this was a fun way to spend an hour, running more or less unseen through enemy territory. I'm also starting to seriously put together a second set of armor for Fury, constantly checking my quest greens that I'm picking up against what I have in the bank for a full set. So far so good, I even have a few blues mixed in as well, all just from questing. We'll just have to see what the guild ends up needing.

No comments:

Post a Comment