Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lunar Festival and a Gear Update

So it's been awhile... I've actually had less and less time to play, it seems, although I managed to get on for a bit yesterday evening to begin working on the lunar festival holiday and it's corresponding achievements. Wowhead has an excellent guide to the festival this year. I know for a fact that I'll be unable to get all of the achievements for the meta achievement this year, as I don't think I can get to level 80 by the end of the holiday, and at least one of the elders are only in a level 80 dungeon (Heroic something or other... I'm not sure. It's in the guide at wowhead if you're wondering). I'm currently about 4 bubbles away from level 77, and I know that those last three levels are going to take me what will feel like forever. Maybe I can get some play time in today, thanks to the weather.

Yep, there's ice here in Texas and most of the area's universities have closed, which I often use as a guideline to whether or not I go to work. I'm only a contract laborer right now, after all, and I just don't feel that the risk is equal to the reward at the moment. Plus, all the weathermen are saying tomorrow will be good again.

As for a gear update, I've managed to do a few group quests and ran Drak'Tharon keep for three upgrades. I did the Ursoc, the bear god quest in the Grizzly Hills for a new shield and tanking pants. And there is a quest that rewards a decent tanking ring in Drak'Tharon, although don't expect any other tanking gear to drop from that instance. I would have walked away empty-handed, except for the experience, although it is a pretty cool instance with interesting boss fights. Also, thanks to the level 80 rogue who was kind enough to explain the fights to me as I had never been in DTK before (don't stand in the black shit), and to the wonderful priest healer we had for the run. Tanks should always thank their healers, especially the good ones. :)

Provided the maintenance doesn't get extended again today, I'll do more lunar festival running around and probably quest in Sholozar basin. I really need to find the opening quest line for the oracles as I want my mini-pets. I'm crazy for vanity pets. And mounts. The frenzyheart are interesting, I suppose, but from what I've seen of them so far in Northrend, I'm not really looking to be friends. Were-bear-racoons aren't that cool to me. Maybe later on I'll switch over for the achievement. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment