Friday, January 9, 2009

Pit Fighting for Fun and Profit!

So, yesterday, I joined a couple of my guildies and took on the Conquest Pit questline in Grizzly Hills, horde-side. That is, once our Holy Pally was able to escape the Heroic instance run of Old Kingdom with what I can only assume was a terribad PuG (Also, big apology to the orc Shammy and Belf DK that waited so very patiently. I'm sorry you weren't able to run the quest with us!).

At any rate, with a level 80 pally healing for us, and a frost mage blasting away, we were able to just tear through the quests super fast and I managed to snag the Handguards of the Sanguine Protector which finally replaced my last piece of my Blessed Battlegear set I had collected from the Scourge invasion event prior to Wrath's release. I'll keep the set, of course, for the memories and the fact that they were my first real epics. :D

I also managed to run over to Venture Bay in southwestern Grizzly Hills while it was in Horde control and purchase my new Thick Goblin Back Protector along with a shiny new Flexweave Underlay on it for those times when you just need to float as a warrior. It replaces my very old, very outdatedAmbusher's Cloak of Defense. All in all, not a shabby night for me. :)

Also, I'm trying out Wowhead's tooltip system with this, so I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment