Friday, March 20, 2009

Wintergrasp

Yrovi entered Wintergrasp yesterday. While it wasn't the first time I had done this, it was the first time I had managed to enter, stay connected, and really, REALLY enjoy myself. This was epic. This was fantastic in every way. I'm still not exactly sure what was going on (although I've done a little reading up on it now, and I think I'll be a lot more helpful next time around). This is what PvP should be in my opinion. A huge battlefield, lots of my Horde bretheren nearby, and a chance to really make a difference, even though I'm a tank (yay for siege engines!).

Also, as an engineer (and a Goblin engineer no less), I have access to two kinds of bombs that do siege damage. Next time I go to Wintergrasp I'll be sure to be well stocked with them. What can I say, explosions are fun. ;-)

Thanks to my joining on a whim, I was able to get two achievements as well: the obvious "Wintergrasp Victory" and the more surprising "Within Our Grasp." In the case last night, the Horde were on the attacking side and easily took the keep from the puny Alliance. It makes me feel really good inside knowing that I helped gain us the right to Stone Keepers Shards and opening up the raid instance inside the keep for our side. I might even work on getting all the Wintergrasp quests and work on them too. I even have half a mind to create a PvP spec when 3.1 hits with Dual Specs. Before now, I never thought about PvP very much, certainly not enough to get a spec or gear specifically for it, but with Wintergrasp it may be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment