Friday, May 29, 2009

Good Thoughts for a Fellow Blogger, and More Druid

First, because this is far more important than any WoW stuff, I want to extend good thoughts to Daniel, aka BRK, the greatest Hunter blogger ever to grace the WoW blogging scene. He retired from WoW some time ago to focus on family, but unfortunately is getting a divorce. Daniel, my thoughts are with you and your son. I read your blog, though I never posted (being a dedicated lurker), and I wish you all the best in the upcoming months. I am so sorry that things didn't work out, but I hope that, in time, you'll find your footing again. You'll love Star Trek, by the way.

----------
/WoW speak
Okay, so since I didn't really love Xyno when I logged on her, I was a touch worried that Opal would be in similar shape. She's actually much better, thank goodness. She was sitting at just into level 29, in Astraanar, not Lakeshire, with everything trained up, and had an empty talent tree. I actually considered going Balance instead of Feral, but her gear was actually decent and it was fully Feral gear (nearly all Agi and Stam) so I went with the Feral after all. While she takes a good amount of damage in cat form, she's no tissue paper kitty. She can easily tear through 3-4 mobs before needing to pop Lifebloom or bandage (or any other heal she can do), so it's not nearly so bad. She was fully rested, of course, so getting her to level 30 only took about 1.5 hours or so, and then she was able to get the travel form and riding training plus mount and such. Having the gold she had was nice, didn't even know she was that well off. :)

She's got gathering professions, so she's nicely set up. I might end up transferring her over to ED afterall, if for no other reason than her skinning is pretty high up, and she has herbalism fairly highly trained. Or, at least, she's where she needs to be to pick/skin anything she kills in the area she's questing in. I'm not sure how to RP a Nelf Druid, but I'll come up with a backstory for her if she moves to ED. I might keep her on Gilneas till she's at least ready for outland or northrend, though, simply because it's a PvE server, which is nice and "carebear" for her. Gilneas if pretty low-pop, I think, since I haven't run into any horde at all, and I've forgotten what it's like not to have to worry about getting ganked from behind when in a contested zone. While its nice at at times, it's almost too quiet. ;p

You notice I said that it took me about 1.5 hours to level her. I think I only played for about 2 hours last night total. Much less than I used to. My time seems taken up by other things lately, and that's probably a very good thing. The fact that I don't come home from work, deal with the dogs right away, then plop down in front of the computer till 10 or 11 pm is a nice change. Alts are nice that way.
/WoW speak
-----------------------
Oh, and one last little IRL thing: my Wii just crapped out last night. It absolutely refuses to read disks, so it's going to need repairs. That means I'll have to ship it to Nintendo, pay $75.00 for them to figure out what's wrong, and have them send it back to me. I'm sad. :( I'm not going to do it right away. The downloaded games I just bought, literally two days ago, still work fine, and I need me some Ocarina of Time, a game I've never played before (I know, blasphemy!!). The very first Zelda game I completely finished was Twilight Princess, and now I know what I've missed all my gaming years. I decided to download the other two in the Twilight Princess timeline, which is Ocarina and Majora's Mask, and play through them as well. Hopefully all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment